Highlands Ranch Area Cycling Road Cycling Colorado Streech Greg Streech Gregory

Sunday, November 07, 2004

Dam(n) road...

Friday, 3:30 pm, Randy and I rode off from HR to Chatfield. I got a flat on the dam(n) road and fixed it there. We then had to go back soon, but not before punishing ourselves on the hill. Friday PM run may become standard exercise...

Saturday, I decided to test my luck and rode from the house to the dam(n) road again. I did five "as hard as I could" runs up the dam. It's only about a half mile, but it takes about 2-2:45 minutes (depending on effort and previous runs). Max heart rate up to 183, never below 174 on the entire hill. I rode one lap of the parking lot at the top, then back down and start again immediately (3-5 minute break between runs). I wasn't the only one doing repeats there, either.

I was back home in about an hour and 15. Next time, 7 runs, and then up from there. Should help climbing power, time trial efforts, cardio strength and psychological pain threshold push. Not a bad alternative to Monarch, unless you hammer the hills there and make it intervals.


2 Comments:

At November 07, 2004 8:49 PM, Blogger Dirt - LPBME said...

What the hell are you doing in the rarified air of the 180+ HR? Must be all that fat you are hauling up the road.

 
At November 07, 2004 9:15 PM, Blogger Redlight said...

Yep, it's fat, slow twitch muscle, a fresh attitude and all that. But mostly, I think it is overtraining that keeps me out of that wonderland of "hamster in a wheel" HR levels. Either way, I'm shooting for an HR of 175 average for the TT's... Oh, yeah, and a drop of about 5-10 lbs, but I'm not sure a bike that light is strong enough for me...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

More blogs about cycling.
Technorati Blog Finder .