Highlands Ranch Area Cycling Road Cycling Colorado Streech Greg Streech Gregory

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Interesting Conversation today

Today, Nov 17 I was traveling from Vietnam to Hong Kong and ended up in line at immigrations in VNam with a guy from Mavic. He said some interesting things: 1) he doubted that we would see LA in tdf this year. He spoke with LA's lead mechanic and he was pretty disgruntled with the fans at the 04tdf. 2) he doubted that phonak would make it into the 05 Pro Tour. The reason? The owner calling into question the WADA testing after 3 of his guys failed. This guy was also not surprised about TH and the doping. More later, I will be home next week.

3 Comments:

At November 17, 2004 7:19 AM, Blogger Dirt - LPBME said...

Wow. Pretty big statements.

While I was surprised that they were left out, I don't think Phonak is going to make it either.

 
At November 17, 2004 5:15 PM, Blogger Redlight said...

Awww, and he has such an innocent face...TH that is.

As for Lance, I think he's going to TdF if his early form is good. The main reason: Why would Discovery pay all that money and waste the chance of at least one season with Lance. The 2006 TdF is too far away and too big a chance for them not to capitalize. If they didn't agree to him riding it, they were stupid... Besides, I'll be in Europe and I want to see him screaming uphill as I drink a Heineken (or Hypnotic..)

 
At November 18, 2004 7:55 AM, Blogger S-Works said...

I agree, the only way i see LA doing 05tdf is if it is in the contract. To conclude my incomplete thought on Phonak. The execs at the UCI are pissed at Phonak and will hold them out.

BTW, buy your Mavic wheels before they move mfg to Vietnam!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

More blogs about cycling.
Technorati Blog Finder .