Highlands Ranch Area Cycling Road Cycling Colorado Streech Greg Streech Gregory

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Are We Wimps?

Driving along on Broadway this morning in Littleton. Came across a cyclist commuting to work. It appeared that he was wearing every possible type of gear to keep warm. Looked up at the outside temperature according to the Jeep, and noted that it was 23 degrees. I then shook my head and cranked my seat warmers up to the high setting. I'm stoked to ride outside, but not really at 23 degrees. I guess I am a fair weather cyclist compared to this guy. What about you basement rats? I tend to brave colder weather than many, but I have my limits.

2 Comments:

At February 01, 2005 10:14 AM, Blogger Redlight said...

All I need is sunshine. I'll ride at 20 degrees or above, if the sun shines and roads are dry. I saw a cyclist at 9:30AM at Lucent and Broadway today... looked like he was in leg and arm warmers, but not in a jacket or anything. I would have been more wrapped up, but I was jealous none the less.
My problem is weather on saturdays. If it's not right, I'm out due to skiing on sundays. So I only have one day per week. However, if it is cold and sunny and a saturday, let me know if you want to ride.

 
At February 01, 2005 2:27 PM, Blogger RideTrek said...

Unfortunately, we ski on Saturdays through the end of February, except President's Day. I've had a hard time lately getting a ride in on Sunday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

More blogs about cycling.
Technorati Blog Finder .