Highlands Ranch Area Cycling Road Cycling Colorado Streech Greg Streech Gregory

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Glorious Easter Sunday

After a week of not riding or even working out due to a cold (at home in bed all day tuesday), I used saturday to get the bike shiny and ready. I finally got to use it again today, on this beautiful sunny day.

I took off to Chatfield at a nice warm-up pace. Hit the Dam road 3 times at max, pushing HR to 186. Then I rode an easy pace to the Wadsworth entrance, and hammered out six 2-minute intervals with 3 minutes recovery pace to the far exit and back. I sprinted the back of the Dam road in the big ring, and rode back from there to the Lucent/HR Pkwy intersection in the big ring. That's where I finally had enough, and rode an easy pace back home.

I picked up just a little dirt at the C-470 trail tunnel, but the rest was bone dry. Lots of riders out there, too.

By the way, nice ride from Julich beating a 20 year old Dutchman of Rabobank by 11 seconds in an 8.5 KM (29.7 MPH) time trial to win the Criterium International (Dutch boy will be heard of later...). Freire of Rabobank took the Brabantse Pijl.

1 Comments:

At March 28, 2005 7:19 AM, Blogger Dirt - LPBME said...

Aaaah what a glorious ride today. Nothing like a 65 degree day, a clean bike and a "gotta be home by" to make for a kick ass ride. The slobs at Chatfield never saw my 185 heart rate coming.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

More blogs about cycling.
Technorati Blog Finder .