Highlands Ranch Area Cycling Road Cycling Colorado Streech Greg Streech Gregory

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Hammerson off the Couch and Biking to Work!

I still ate Haagen Dazs last night, but I have formally decided to get my form back (such as it is). As Dirt (LPBM) mentioned I did ride 45 - 50 miles with he and Redlight on Saturday, and I have done various outdoor rides between November and March. No basement or spin class work so far though. Taking it nice and easy. Still working on peaking for October 23rd in Austin.

So, I dusted off my carbon steed and took her to work today. A nice 21.8 mile cruise from Casa de Hammerson to the Wells Fargo Center (cash register building) downtown. Dodged a few walkers, dogs and buses on the way, but on the whole a relatively uneventful ride. The thermometer was hovering at 30 degrees when I left, but it was not uncomfortable. I did reach and maintain outlaw speed (20+ mph) on the Platte River trail, but avoided ticketing. Looking forward to the warmer weather on the trip home. A nice 43.6 miles of training/commute for the day. Now if Mother Nature will cooperate, I will be getting some serious training miles in during the week.

Look out Cherry Creek TT boys, you might be seeing more of my ass soon (look further up the road). Out!

2 Comments:

At April 06, 2005 6:29 PM, Blogger Redlight said...

What a deal. We have Fabio on his butt in CA, Disneyland, resting for a serious assault on anything beyond a flat grade. Q just got back from Death Valley training camp, and now Hammerson is riding serious miles during the week.

Dirt, you and I will just have to make do knowing we're still the only ones with the guts to put it on the racing line.

 
At April 06, 2005 9:40 PM, Blogger RideTrek said...

The ride home was a mess. I took a wrong turn on the trail and ended up far off course on the extreme West side of Littleton. Added 30 minutes to my trip and numerous miles. Oh well, ended up with a 50 mile day. Not bad for a weekday. I'll be back on the trail tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

More blogs about cycling.
Technorati Blog Finder .