Highlands Ranch Area Cycling Road Cycling Colorado Streech Greg Streech Gregory

Saturday, April 09, 2005

Pedal'r Group Ride

Rode at 7:00 this morning with the crew from Pedal'r (8 - 12 people). Mostly good riders. I was thinking about just spinning through a relaxing recovery ride after the miles I have logged in the past 8 days, but you know how it is when you get going in a pack of guys. I took some big pulls through Chatfield and shredded the group. Outsprinted the one guy still hanging on my wheel to Titan Road. I was a bit cooked on the way back through the park after all that effort, but still made it back to the dam near the front. It was a good group and a fun ride. They meet every Saturday morning at 7:00 at either the Wildcat or County Line store depending on the week (more details on their site). Also, Ed the owner rescued me this morning by letting me snag some cold weather gear before the ride since I left much of mine at work Friday. Ed's a champ. He also hooked me up with some great new stuff for my ride that you will see next time we pound the pedals together.

I'm on the way back. Logged 200 miles in the past 8 days. I'll be out of commission for a little while between snow and work, but happy to be back on the bike more. Good luck to the CCTT crew.

2 Comments:

At April 10, 2005 8:47 PM, Blogger Redlight said...

Nice. 7AM is not a bad time to start a ride. Maybe we should join more often. Do they go beyond Chatfield? Are the rides just basically hammer sessions, or do they do specific training?

Must be nice to ride to work like that.

 
At April 12, 2005 2:05 PM, Blogger RideTrek said...

They do a different ride every week. I know they do Monarch and Chatfield, but forget the other options. They typically leave from the Wildcat store, but some weeks they leave from the County Line location. I don't think they ever do any specialized training. It's supposed to be a casual ride, but it turned into a hammer fest this past weekend (partly because of me). All of the info is on their website.

http://bicyclepedalr.com/site/intro.cfm

Riding to work is awesome. Just need to get past the snow and some travel so I can get back to bike commuting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

More blogs about cycling.
Technorati Blog Finder .