Highlands Ranch Area Cycling Road Cycling Colorado Streech Greg Streech Gregory

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

The Tour Baby! - UPDATE

I was perusing Scott Coady's website yesterday (www.thetourbaby.com) and noticed on his "Contact Scott" page that the guy listed his address, phone number, fax number and e-mail. I decided to send Scott a note letting him know how much I enjoyed his movie, and how much I appreciated his fundraising for the LAF (he is close to his goal of raising $100,000 for the foundation). I also decided to tease Dirt in the process (although it is the truth). I figured I might get a response someday or maybe not at all. I should have known better. If the guy is down to earth and bold enough to list all of his contact info, he is probably a bit different than your normal individual. Not only did Scott respond within about 30 minutes, he again listed his home phone number if I wanted to call and talk more about his organized trip to the Tour this year. Cool guy. Looking forward to his next movie. See message exchange below.

From: Scott Coady

To: 'Richard Henderson'

Cc: 'EUROPEDS'

Date: Tue May 17, 2005 01:15:37 PM PDT

Subject: RE: Hello

Richard,

Thanks for writing... I appreciate knowing how much the film means to you

and your friends..... you all will be glad to know that I am working on

another one which should be out later this year about my adventures

following the Paris-Roubaix baby!

I would love to have you with us this year. Never mind your buddies, make

some new friends. I don't know if you heard but Davis Phinney will be

joining us on the trip so it is going to be even more special.

If you need me to talk to your wife, I will happily give her a call. I have

done this for several guys already and I am batting 1000 getting them to say

yes.

Give me her name and number and you are going to the Tour de France Baby!

Call me if you have any questions about the trips.

Scott

805-648-4480

-----Original Message-----

From: Richard Henderson [mailto:ridetrek@mac.com]

Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 12:42 PM

To: scott.coady@att.net

Subject: Hello

Scott,

I love your film and look forward to more films from you in the future.

Seeing the Tour from a fan's perspective was awesome. I was amazed at how

you talked your way into so many cool areas and events during the Tour.

I actually bought my autographed copy from you personally at the Ride for

the Roses last year. I have watched "The Tour Baby" several times and laugh

non-stop every time I watch it. I have a friend, Greg, that cries every

time we watch the movie during the part when you are screaming about Pantani

and Lance near the top of Mt. Ventoux. Good times.

I think that it is great that you support the LAF to the degree that you

have so far. I have been traveling to the RFTR from Denver for the past

several years to honor my Dad. I don't pretend to speak for others, but

thanks for what you do from someone who has lost a loved one to cancer and

has many other family members fighting the disease.

I've been thinking about joining your group for the trip to the Tour this

year. I have not been able to convince any of my buddies to open their

wallets, and still need the okay from the Mrs. Hopefully I will see you in

France. If not, maybe in Austin again.

Good luck in whatever you do. I hope we see more from you soon. OLN should

hire you for their Tour coverage.

Richard

1 Comments:

At May 18, 2005 8:35 PM, Blogger Redlight said...

Actually, I opened my wallet, but a moth came out. I don't think that'll get me to France.

You've got to go, Hammerson. It'll give us something to talk about for years.

I am going in 2007, for my 40th.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

More blogs about cycling.
Technorati Blog Finder .