Highlands Ranch Area Cycling Road Cycling Colorado Streech Greg Streech Gregory

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Got Ears?

Thursday afternoon, I had the chance to ride out in Steamboat Springs. Rather than look for the Moots factory, I rode out on Highway 40, and hit Rabbit Ears Pass. 2300 feet of constant climbing with grades from 4 to about 12 % in 7.3 miles. Very similar to Squaw pass, really.

Rode the round trip from the hotel, flying down with speeds at 50 mph on nice long straights that were an absolute bear uphill. I chased a local yocal, caught him and maintained a pace he could not copy.

Stacey wasn't coming up till later Friday afternoon, so I rode it again that day. Temps about 15 degrees lower, with clouds and the occasional spot of rain. I rode Thursday pushing as hard as I could. On Friday, I rode a steady, solid pace of about 8mph all the way. Turns out both rides were about the same time.

On Saturday, Stacey and I hiked about 4 miles up Storm mountain, gaining about 2200 feet altitude. Altogether, pretty good training weekend. I wanted to ride this morning, but the lightning and rain didn't stop until we were already half way home.

Oh, and the Harley is now in my garage, so count on me losing some sleep and training time getting this 24 year old beast back in running shape.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

More blogs about cycling.
Technorati Blog Finder .