Highlands Ranch Area Cycling Road Cycling Colorado Streech Greg Streech Gregory

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Metric Madness

While our lone ride for training camp was close to a metric century, I couldn't help myself and added another earlier today.

I left the casa at just before 5AM, and was on the bike riding the metric century at the Elephant Rock ride in Castle Rock by 6AM. It was outstanding, with obviously great weather. I rode with several guys in a well balanced paceline, upto the second break (never stopped at number 1). I then rode with some other guys for a short distance, when EVERYBODY and their dog turned left to take the 100 mile course. I was totally alone. At least it quickly joins the familiar route of the 100 miler, so I knew I was on track. I stopped at the next rest area, and they said I was the first one through. I skipped the Palmer Lake break, and again was told I was first at the break just before the last little climb, Wolfensburger (or something). I reached the top without being caught (there were two guys behind me), and bombed downhill to maintain my lead all the way home.

I was back at the Fairgrounds before they were ready to serve lunch. A quick walk through a basically useless expo solved that, and after a bite to eat I was at home by 11AM. I spent about 3 hours and 25 minutes riding. My legs are still sore from Thursday's windsprints and Friday's climbing fest.

The metric century is MUCH nicer than the 100 miler, as it skips the flat, windy, ugly area east of the other rides. Any one up for next year?

2 Comments:

At June 05, 2005 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn Redlight, you're hardcore dude. You definitely get better kitchen passes than I do. Keep cranking, I'm impressed.

Q

 
At June 05, 2005 9:47 PM, Blogger RideTrek said...

Redlight, you are a beast. No flats? Count me in for next year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

More blogs about cycling.
Technorati Blog Finder .