Highlands Ranch Area Cycling Road Cycling Colorado Streech Greg Streech Gregory

Thursday, July 07, 2005

LA enjoys going to the dentist?

From an article I read today about LA.

Armstrong learned early on that he was always willing to endure whatever it took to win. "It didn't seem to matter what the sport was … if it was a suffer-fest, I was good at it."
And this: "Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever. That surrender, even the smallest act of giving up, stays with me. So when I feel like quitting, I ask myself, which would I rather live with?"
Another time, he told a reporter, "I would really be upset if I didn't have the opportunity to suffer."
He's the sort of person who probably enjoys going to the dentist.

1 Comments:

At July 07, 2005 2:47 PM, Blogger Redlight said...

Original, and yet not funny...

Did you read about Tom Boonen? He's riding with an abscessed tooth, taking low dose antibiotics. What an idiot, not to get that checked before the Tour.

Belgian waffle wimp.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

More blogs about cycling.
Technorati Blog Finder .