Highlands Ranch Area Cycling Road Cycling Colorado Streech Greg Streech Gregory

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Mashed on Monarch

Rain in the AM kept me from riding early, so I rolled over and went back to bed. An earlier than expected finish and nice, cool temps in the afternoon made it a simple choice: Monarch

I rode off, and was at a reasonable pace until just past the Daniels Gate top. I spotted a yellow jersey and decided to chase. I caught him just after we turned onto Castle Pines. I rode past him and climbed hard to the golf course, maintaining 14 mph. He stayed on my wheel. We rode together to where the road meets Monarch again, and turned left. He crushed me up the back side of Daniels Gate, and then turned around when he saw a buddy of his. I was doing about 13 mph up there, and he pulled away easily. I nearly fell off my bike at the top.

OH, DID I MENTION HE DID ALL OF THIS IN THE BIG RING???

If anyone knows Tim, who lives by Wildcat and McArthur Ranch, and rides a Torelli, keep him away from our training rides...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

More blogs about cycling.
Technorati Blog Finder .