Highlands Ranch Area Cycling Road Cycling Colorado Streech Greg Streech Gregory

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Rabobank Peeing Pants

After his monster solo before the rest day, Rasmussen managed to hold on quite nicely with Lance today. He's got a strong hold on the polka dots, his main goal. Besides, if he can hang in the time trial (don't count on it), he may have a shot at the podium.

Either way, Rabobank must be peeing their pants with excitement. I know they didn't have lofty goals for the tour.

Oh, and is it boring yet that no one can match/attack/follow Lance? It's amazing to see what he can do, but can't someone at least challenge????

PS- I'm not posting about the Triple due to my wonderful efforts to make it no further than Frisco. I am going to ride the final section on July 30, early AM. We'll see how much I can embarrass myself on the Mt. Evans climb on the 23rd.

3 Comments:

At July 12, 2005 11:00 AM, Blogger Dirt - LPBME said...

Rasmussen proving very studley indeed. Fat Jan, Vino, Basso, Kloden, Floyd, Reberto etc etc not looking so good.

I can read Horner's mind on the climb to Corchevel. He's thinking its like the USPRO and he is used to winning. Then KABLAMO!!! Dudes are riding Uberfast up hill. "Oh man my legs/lungs/back/arms/chest hurts....I want my mommy!"

 
At July 12, 2005 11:05 AM, Blogger Dirt - LPBME said...

PS - At 4H50M; LA and Valverde rode the 110 Miles at 22.7 MPH.

 
At July 12, 2005 1:30 PM, Blogger Redlight said...

Hey, I rode the first 2/3 of the triple at about 4mph. Nice comparison, huh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

More blogs about cycling.
Technorati Blog Finder .