Highlands Ranch Area Cycling Road Cycling Colorado Streech Greg Streech Gregory

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Cucharas Pass Rocks

Drove down last night. Spent the night in Walsenburg (actually in a highway motel) and got up at 5AM. I left the bustling downtown area of La Veta at 6:10AM, at a BALMY 44 degrees. The sun soon came out, and stayed out for most of the day. Besides, the first 17 miles are uphill, so I was warm soon enough. I covered the first 50 miles in 2:55, finished the entire ride in 6:07 (for 100.56 miles).

As was the case last year, the 1/2 mile hill after 83 miles was the worst. 16% grade after all those miles, my legs were on fire. 3 of the 6 that passed me took me on this hill, going by like they were Tom Danielson on Mt. Evans... I enjoyed that hill on the way out, though, hitting a max speed of 56mph (close to 90 kph for you Euros...)

On the way up, I managed to maintain 4mph this year, 1 mile more than last year. Also, I had some juice left to enjoy the last mostly downhill 17 miles. By the time I finished, heavy clouds were in town, and the temp was dropping from its high of 71. I was home before 5PM.

2 Comments:

At August 14, 2005 8:06 AM, Blogger Dirt - LPBME said...

Allez, Allez Allez

 
At August 15, 2005 8:57 AM, Blogger RideTrek said...

Great ride Roodlicht! Someone flame the spammer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

More blogs about cycling.
Technorati Blog Finder .