Highlands Ranch Area Cycling Road Cycling Colorado Streech Greg Streech Gregory

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Late Season Ramp Up

Hopefully most of you boys are still riding. We may have to plan an intervention for Dirt.

I had a great weekend on the bike. After riding Monarch in the dark a few times during the week, I branched out a bit on the weekend. Had a Saturday ride planned with the neighbors through Chatfield at 6:45. Knocked out a Monarch in the dark prior to meeting up with them, and finished with 46 miles for the day. Had a Sunday ride up and over High Grade planned at 7:00. Put in a quick 12 miles or so before meeting up with the neighbors again. After cruising up and over High Grade, to the back side of Deer Creek and then home, finished with 96.5 km (60 miles).

I have put over 400 miles on the new bike since my first ride on her with Redlight on 7/29. The plan is to do the century at the Road Ramble this weekend and continue to build for the RFTR.

I can't wait for 10/23. I'm a bit dsappointed that it has begun to get dark in the morning so early this year. This means I have to do Monarch in the dark for more than two months.

Dirt, where are you?

1 Comments:

At August 22, 2005 9:14 AM, Blogger Redlight said...

Better be careful on Monarch in the dark. I've had enough close calls in bright day light.

I've been riding some, but probably not 400 miles since our last ride. I'm maintaining some shape by sitting on the trainer at home rather than risking dark morning disasters.

Did some mountain biking in Winter Park sunday, doing some more there this weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

More blogs about cycling.
Technorati Blog Finder .