Highlands Ranch Area Cycling Road Cycling Colorado Streech Greg Streech Gregory

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Wrong Way Redlight

Up in Winterpark this weekend. Camping in Fish's pop-up, quite nice compared to puppy tents and air mattresses.

Anyway, I took off for a mountainbike ride on Saturday. Up one and down another familiar trail I ended up at a T-crossing. I chose to turn left and head back to the campsite. The first few didn't bother me, but then the "peloton" came by. I was in the middle of a freaking MTB race, going the opposite way on a singletrack.

I learned some new swear words and terms I can't repeat. Hey, if they don't close the trail, they can't complain...

Chose a better path this morning, grinding 50 minutes uphill on rocks and gravel in the granny gear. Glorious downhill with some creekcrossings and catching some air. No wonder the paved road downhills are easy to me. Spent 2.5 hours sweating and regaining the edge for the final push of the year. Managed to outrace two younger dudes up the last, paved hill towards my family-in-law's condo, so I was feeling pretty good today.

Dik of snel (or a little of both).

1 Comments:

At August 29, 2005 12:01 PM, Blogger RideTrek said...

Love the MTB race portion of the recap. Good thing you didn't have a head-on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

More blogs about cycling.
Technorati Blog Finder .