Highlands Ranch Area Cycling Road Cycling Colorado Streech Greg Streech Gregory

Saturday, September 03, 2005

3 Days of Monarch and How Fabio's Neighbor Almost Killed Me


Scene of the crime
Originally uploaded by RideTrek.
Your roving blogger checking in from Hill City, South Dakota. Late to post from Friday due to our little road trip.

Anywho...

Yes, rode Monarch in the dark again on Friday (third day in a row). And yes, Fabio's shit-for-brains (SFB) neighbor almost killed me. Cruising up Lucent toward Broadway at about 5:45. Fully outfitted with lights, etc., when Fabio's neighbor comes cruising out of the neighborhood by the fire station in a girly Lexus SUV masquerading as a white minivan. SFB never looks my direction but he/she sees two cars turning from Broadway onto Lucent and tries to roll the stop sign to beat them onto Lucent. Unfortunately for SFB, a cyclist is also approaching the intersection and is strategically located in front of his grill. Yes that was me MOTHERFUCKER. I had to swerve into the traffic lanes to narrowly avoid being an ugly hood ornament for the Lexus, while SFB finally found his/her brakes. I then look back angrily and watch SFB mentally counting my insurance settlement prior to again attempting a left on Lucent. I will swear to my dying day that it had nothing to do with the darkness. I had my light on full high beam and shook it back and forth as I approached the intersection. SFB never even looked my way.

The rest of the ride was uneventful. The amazing sunrise from the top of Daniel's Gate was beautiful.

Back from SD tomorrow. See you boys on Monday morning.

2 Comments:

At September 04, 2005 6:45 AM, Blogger Dirt - LPBME said...

Shaking your light???? Next time tap the grill with yo' nine.

 
At September 04, 2005 7:35 AM, Blogger Redlight said...

I was nearly taken out at that intersection in bright daylight. An as%#$#e trying to beat cars from Broadway as he was crossing Lucent from the opposite side. I actually left a skidmark (on the road and in my shorts...) as I yelled and flipped him off.

Won't be long before we have a light there, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

More blogs about cycling.
Technorati Blog Finder .