Highlands Ranch Area Cycling Road Cycling Colorado Streech Greg Streech Gregory

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Redlight on IR

Of all things, soccer did in the Euro in me...

Two weeks ago, I was kicking a soccer ball around during my daughter's practice (I'm the coach). Anyway, taking several long shots, I felt a twinge in my right groin/quad area. I felt some soreness during the following softball game but figured I was OK.
Last Sunday I played another softball game. On a run to first I starting hopping on one leg about half way there. I apparently made it worse, and then some.
Now I feel the soreness during regular daily activity and I have lost all of the already dismal running speed I had. I don't seem to be bothered on the bike, as long as I push down on the pedal. Pulling up is not working. I can not stretch my quad by pulling my ankle up behind me without significant tightness and pain.

So I am taking 2 weeks off. I had a "designated runner" during last night's softball game. I will attempt light spinning on the trainer just to stay somewhat in shape, but other than that it's ice on the leg and Haagen Dasz to comfort me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

More blogs about cycling.
Technorati Blog Finder .