Highlands Ranch Area Cycling Road Cycling Colorado Streech Greg Streech Gregory

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Cracked my nipples...

Wooooooh, expensive bike ride today. Not only did I have a blow out at 33mph (saved nicely, no damage done), but inspection of the rear wheel shows cracks at the nipples...

Apparently not an uncommon problem on my type of wheel. It's stress over time, not today's flat. Probably why they changed the design back to more spokes and different attachments.

Anyway, the dude at bicycle pedal'r saw me coming (and Richard had already told him I'd be by). Wants to change me out to Ksyrium SL ($850 for the set). But he's calling Shimano on Monday to see if I can get a new rim to replace the old one (if so, I'm out $200 or so before it's done). I'm checking to see what's most aero for the CCTT.

I spent $45 getting tubes, cartridges and a new adapter. Left him my rearwheel to see if he can fix it.

I was hoping to spend some cash on that SRAM set when it comes out. Maybe now, I'll blow it on wheels before the week is over... OOOH, a century in Texas on brand new wheels....

1 Comments:

At October 16, 2005 7:19 PM, Blogger Dirt - LPBME said...

ha ha ....Beavis, he said cracked nipples... ha ha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

More blogs about cycling.
Technorati Blog Finder .