Highlands Ranch Area Cycling Road Cycling Colorado Streech Greg Streech Gregory

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Tour de Music

I knew I was in trouble, when at 7:15 AM this morning, I was the only one of 8 riders without earphones on. Turns out it wasn't too bad, since Bikin' Barry was rolling off with a surround sound system blasting tunes for everyone.

Five guys, 3 gals, only one of us not going to Austin. Nice ride, pretty aggressive all around and for me a total of 50 miles. We rode the trail along c-470 all the way to West Kansas (East Parker, anyway). Every hill was a battle, and Jim and Mike kept it interesting on the flats, dropping to the aero bars and powering onward.

Hammerson suffered a flat on the uphill to Colorado Blvd. Brand new tire, too. A quick fix, and we all went on to our final destinations.

On the way back, there was talk about adding Chatfield. It never happened as several went to Bike Source for tune ups, others went home for various chores and a LARGE breakfast.

I rode on Hammerson's back-up set of Ksyrium SL wheels (that's right, back-up set). They felt very stiff in the turns, giving me more response than I've had in a while. I'm not sure they were any faster than the Dura Ace set, but they were definitely safer. Maybe new wheels are a better option than repairing the old ones.

1 Comments:

At October 16, 2005 6:57 PM, Blogger Dirt - LPBME said...

The only thing a cyclist should have in his ear is race radio....and this is coming from a audiophile.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

More blogs about cycling.
Technorati Blog Finder .