Highlands Ranch Area Cycling Road Cycling Colorado Streech Greg Streech Gregory

Monday, November 28, 2005

The Deconstruction of Carla

Well, I have the week off from work to play Mr. Mom while the Mrs. is out of town. I decided it was time to clean out some of the old gadgets and bike stuff and make some money. Those of you that know me well know that I am an avid purger and eBay user.

Started with a few iPods and a laptop. Moved on to the garage, and most importantly Carla. Finally decided that I have one too many carbon Trek bikes. Carla lost out to the fancy USPS paint job. I stripped her down and put all of the pieces on eBay. Here she is in all her glory.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZcoroverQQhtZ-1

The only piece missing is her shoes (wheels). They are resting comfortably at Roodlicht's. They will join the rest of Carla on eBay, unless Roodlicht or one of you want them for a deal. Any takers? They are going for roughly $600 on eBay. You might be able to talk me into a friends and family discount.

6 Comments:

At November 28, 2005 7:57 PM, Blogger Redlight said...

The wheels are resting comfortably. They come with new Michelin ProRace2 tires with about 150 miles on them. I should be getting my new ones in sometime next week, so they'd be available soon (sorry, Hammerson, $838 for Ksyrium ES, including shipping was too good to pass up).

 
At November 28, 2005 9:04 PM, Blogger RideTrek said...

Where did you get the ES wheels? You can keep the tires if you need them.

 
At November 29, 2005 8:13 AM, Blogger Redlight said...

I got the wheels on ebay from Outdoorgear666. They have several listed. There are others in the same price range. These 10th anniversary version wheels sell for over $1000 on website stores and well over $1200 at bike shops. I bid on mine and no one else even bid against me. I should receive them later this week.

 
At December 01, 2005 10:40 AM, Blogger RideTrek said...

I was wondering if you bought from that seller. They were the only ones listing those wheels earlier this week. I was a bit scared by their feedback. Seems like they are very slow in shipping and they had some other negative comments. Let me know when you get them.

 
At December 01, 2005 12:46 PM, Blogger S-Works said...

I don't want to be considered the editor of this blog, but I think Trek had a typo in his response - "Let me know WHEN you get.." I think he meant, "Let me know IF you get.."

 
At December 03, 2005 1:59 PM, Blogger Redlight said...

Paypal and my credit card protect me to begin with. Second, I have confirmation of shipping, and yes it was slow, but for $838 I can wait in the winter for some Ksyrium ES wheels.

Anyone else wanna have something smart to say??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

More blogs about cycling.
Technorati Blog Finder .