Highlands Ranch Area Cycling Road Cycling Colorado Streech Greg Streech Gregory

Friday, December 02, 2005

ouch...

MMM, I thought I hit a speedbump... Just kidding. I never cross the midline.

One cyclist sees sense in limits
Dear Velo,I am an avid cyclist and father of two young children. During the day of 2005 Triple Bypass I was climbing Mt. Evans, training for the Bob Cook hillclimb. I was on my own and had nothing to do with the Bypass. As it turned out that day, I found myself on the same road, but going the direction opposite to route of the Bypass. I was doing tempo at about 15mph at the far right hand side of my lane, just a few inches from shoulder of road, when an out-of-control cyclist hit me head-on at about 35 to 40mph!
The rider came from the pack of thousands of TBP riders. He had come across both lanes to nail me head-on. My injuries included a crushed rib cage, a punctured lung, more than 50 stitches to my face, broken teeth, a damaged knee and, of course, road rash. Relatively unhurt, the rider just got up and left! Meanwhile I was at the side of the road in a pool of blood.
There was no control of the riders. They were strung out all over the road five and six abreast. This type cycling chaos has to be under control! I could have easily died and I am left paying thousands in medical bills. There was not even a police report done at the scene. So, who is responsible? The rider? The organizer? The police? Or was it my fault?Sincerely,Chris RossowColorado Springs, Colorado

1 Comments:

At December 02, 2005 9:31 AM, Blogger Redlight said...

fallout from the 2500 rider cap:

http://gazette.com/display.php?id=1312536&secid=1

bye bye to Lance's ride in Colorado.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

More blogs about cycling.
Technorati Blog Finder .