Highlands Ranch Area Cycling Road Cycling Colorado Streech Greg Streech Gregory

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Euro no more, Yankee not yet

Passing the test today was the last step before becoming a US citizen. I correctly identified July 4th as independence day, the supreme court as the judiciary arm of government, and 4 other rather trivial issues. Also, I could correctly read and pronounce "the boy likes to ride his bike" and write "the girl is happy to be outside". Man, no wonder there are so many illegals, dat tezt wuz hoard, jentlemen. I cud not du it wizout Dirt teksting mee ze anzurs.

Anyway, here's the current status:


Citizenship Ceremonies:
You will be given notice of when to appear for your citizenship ceremony within 6-8 weeks after your approval notice. Citizenship ceremonies are held on Thursday and Friday afternoons at the Satellite Office located at 12000 E. 47th Avenue (diagonally across the street from the District Office


Should happen sometime late February or early March. Then, I will be free to wear my speedo without persecution. I will be free to do my Dutch altitude training without fear of deportation. I will be free to vote for Dirt in the next election. Is this a great country, or what????

1 Comments:

At January 19, 2006 8:14 PM, Blogger Dirt - LPBME said...

That is frigg'n hilarious! "..Dirt teksting mee ze anzurs." HA!

Congrats euro. But I hate to be the one to tell you that it ain't your citizenship that makes you euro.

I'm looking forward to the "goodbye sweet Dutchville party". We can all wear speedos and wooden clogs while debating the progressive engineering of the windmill.

Perzken Makken Sneller!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

More blogs about cycling.
Technorati Blog Finder .