Highlands Ranch Area Cycling Road Cycling Colorado Streech Greg Streech Gregory

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Cleared to ride????

I went back to the orthopedic surgeon today. Xrays taken, exam done. Not good, not bad. He thought the bone was still loose (as in not connected), but my responses to his questions made him think it was. The xrays look as nasty as they did 3 weeks ago, but the connective tissue that would be there doesn't show. I return in 3 weeks, if it looks no better, it's off to the surgery session to have it plated. For now, I've been cleared to return to work and start using the arm more and more. So here's the deal:

"When can I ride a bicycle again?"
"Actually, I don't mind if you ride now, just no serious hammering" (his exact words)
"Oh, so you mean I have to ride like Floyd did today?"

His response? A blank stare... It was hilarious.

Anyway, he recommended "family trails, easy pedaling and so on". I think I tuned out shortly after "I don't mind if you ride"... In order to appease my boss (aka wife, better half and provider of my current livelihood), I will probably ride the trainer through next week. So I plan to ride on the road, on my Litespeed on July 29. If anyone is ready for a nice spinner, let me know.

I picked up "broken blue" today. I have the Shimanos on there, since the Mavics will be going back to Mavic for repairs (lovely christmas gift that'll be). They should be back in time for the LAF ride. I rode the mountain bike to school (1/3 of a mile) to get the kids. The fat tires made me relatively comfortable about road conditions. I took a 2 lap spin around the cul-de-sac on the bike formerly known as old blue. It felt weird, and I did notice every bump and crack in the asphalt. But hey, progress is progress, and I can't wait to try a real ride...

2 Comments:

At July 20, 2006 3:12 PM, Blogger Dirt - LPBME said...

Just need the date and time dude and I am there.

 
At July 21, 2006 2:33 AM, Blogger RideTrek said...

Ditto.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

More blogs about cycling.
Technorati Blog Finder .