Highlands Ranch Area Cycling Road Cycling Colorado Streech Greg Streech Gregory

Monday, August 21, 2006

By the numbers - LAF

Here's the data from the computer:

Start time 7:36 (way too long in line for most of us)
First restroom break? Exactly 1.24 miles in...

Up Lookout mountain appears to be about 38 minutes (Hammerson beat that by about 30 seconds).
Up Highgrade from the break where the Redlight family sponsored a Gatorade break and relieved us of heavy gear (armwarmers and vests) was 1:15 (I beat Hammerson by about a minute due to a last moment resurgence).
Maximum uphill grade 14%, max speed 44.7 (not too careful, not completely nuts), max temp 94 F, average speed 16.9, and a total ride time of 6:34.

Average speed on the LAST 10 miles: 19.4 mph. Strong finish to get into the top 100 of century riders (we were officially inside top 150 by Highgrade and only passed people from there on out).

Total climbing according to my computer was 7480 feet. According to my legs about 17 miles.

Overall, excellent organization with great rest areas and volunteers. Little late on the start, but everything else was great. Most riders were cool, and ready to chat (except up Highgrade...).

Part of the reason for our finishing surge was an idiot that nearly put me into a wall because he just had to pass when there was an oncoming rider on the bike path. I put the hammer down and we caught him and others easily to kill the last 10 miles. Hammerson was going so fast he flew through the finish and had his bike packed up before the announcer could say his name.

At one point, we discussed that both of us would have quit somewhere had we been alone (Highgrade top for H, back of Deer Creek for R). Staying together paid off in the long run.

Hammerson, how's your back? I got a sunburn on my arms, and my @$$ hurts.

2 Comments:

At August 22, 2006 12:28 PM, Blogger RideTrek said...

I got no sunburn, the free sunscreen on Lookout Mountain saved me. My back is totally shot. I can barely walk, tie my shoes, etc. I have a chiropractic appointment on Friday morning at 9:15. I'll suffer till then. The rest of me is fine. No other soreness or issues. I have slept like a baby the last two nights.

 
At August 22, 2006 12:29 PM, Blogger RideTrek said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

More blogs about cycling.
Technorati Blog Finder .