Highlands Ranch Area Cycling Road Cycling Colorado Streech Greg Streech Gregory

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

LAF blast of a lifetime

OK, I admit it. I can't get enough of that route for the 100 miler.

Invesco field to Lookout Mountain. Down to Morrison and the C-470 trail. Over to our own little piece of cycling hell, Deer Creek to High Grade. No relief either, we go over the top the hard way, along "city view". Back down to the back of Deer Creek. On the way down, we turn before the bottom, going to Ken Caryl, out to the C-470 trail and back. Upto Highway 6, which will take us over to the Platte River trail for the final stretch back to Invesco.

Most of the unscouted parts, I'd never scout anyway (20th, Hwy 6). Everything else is as tough as it gets. Good thing there will be rest areas every 10-15 miles. I'm guessing one will be at the school house at High Grade (which may be my turn around and go home spot...)

Hammerson, drop the big ring and wait for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

More blogs about cycling.
Technorati Blog Finder .