Highlands Ranch Area Cycling Road Cycling Colorado Streech Greg Streech Gregory

Monday, August 07, 2006

More Than Floyd?

There is certainly more going on in the world of cycling than Floyd's doping trial in the court of public opinion and ultimately in the real courts.

The Tour of Germany (Deutschland Tour) is getting good. Levi Leipheimer escaped from a small group yesterday to take the win in stage 5. Amazingly, Jens Voigt came in with the next few riders only a few seconds back to claim the leader's jersey. I watched the stage from my sickbed on cycling.tv. Today, Jens pulled off an amazing feat and got over an HC climb and a 1st category climb up to the finish to win the stage by 2 seconds over Leipheimer. Jens held the yellow jersey on a climbing stage! I know, I know, now you (Dirt) are going to say, "he must have been doping". I think my man Voigt is just psyched for his home tour. I'm happy for him, as he is definitely one of my favorite riders.

Over at the Tour of Denmark (Post Danmark Rundt), Fabian Cancellara won the six stage event over Stuart O'Grady, Baden Cooke and the best Danish riders each team could dig up.

Keep the faith and enjoy these other events. The Vuelta starts in a few weeks. The last three grand tours have been tainted by doping. Let's hope they can pull off a clean Vuelta.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

More blogs about cycling.
Technorati Blog Finder .