Highlands Ranch Area Cycling Road Cycling Colorado Streech Greg Streech Gregory

Friday, August 11, 2006

Why do I do the Livestrong Ride?

It's because of situations like this one that Chris Brewer writes about on the www.thepaceline.com.

http://www.thepaceline.com/freeforallitem.aspx?cid=2392

It's because my dad died about 30 years too soon.

It's because one in three people have cancer.

It's because our dumbass hick president and his friends only care about Iraq, their hypocritical faith, same-sex marriage and oil.

It's because our government is cutting cancer research dollars that could save many lives one day.

It's because the money this country has spent on Iraq so far could have taken care of every homeless person in the USA or gone a long way to finding treatments and cures for cancer.

It's because I hope to help the LAF raise awareness for cancer treatments, early detection and survivors.

And lastly, it's because I love to ride my bike.

Livestrong

1 Comments:

At August 11, 2006 10:16 AM, Blogger Redlight said...

Wow, with that for motivation, I'm going to get my ass handed to me in pieces.

I don't have nearly the personal involvement as you do, H. I'm just riding and supporting a good cause in the meantime.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

More blogs about cycling.
Technorati Blog Finder .