Highlands Ranch Area Cycling Road Cycling Colorado Streech Greg Streech Gregory

Monday, August 14, 2006

The Wrath of the Triple

The Triple Bypass has inflicted its wrath on my lower back. Today, I am walking around like an 80 year-old man with a spear protruding from his back. This is a result of a glorious ride up High Grade yesterday with Redlight in preparation for the Livestrong ride this weekend.

The back pain started during the Triple due to the effort, cold temperatures and rain. It went away for a bit, but now returns after every bike ride. I'm fine during rides, but pay the piper for days afterward.

I spoke to a sports therapist today, and will be getting some treatment and advice on Wednesday. She believes it is a deep tissue issue and can be treated with massage and stretching. I'm hoping she's right. In any case, I probably will not be riding between now and Sunday.

I will be riding the Livestrong century this weekend, but I may need a chauffeur to drive me to treatment the next day.

Let's hope it doesn't rain.

2 Comments:

At August 14, 2006 6:17 PM, Blogger Redlight said...

Sorry to hear about your back, Hammerson. I can honestly say it wasn't me pushing the pace at High Grade.

Besides, you not riding all week will probably help you out.

 
At August 14, 2006 9:58 PM, Blogger Dirt - LPBME said...

The new masthead says it all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

More blogs about cycling.
Technorati Blog Finder .