Highlands Ranch Area Cycling Road Cycling Colorado Streech Greg Streech Gregory

Monday, January 17, 2005

Ventoux in my basement

We’ve all had those days that seem to suck the will to live from your soul. These are usually centered around dealing with people. Well, today was one of those days and the training ride I had planned for the evening was in serious danger.

As I was pondering whether or not I could afford another skip day when I dropped onto the blog for a little inspiration. Well, lo and behold I found what I was looking for in Redlight calling his shot for the upcoming Cherry Creek TT. 0-7…NFW

Seething from his challenge, I hopped on the rollers and launched into my typical 22 mile ride. Half way through, that urge to bail became really strong. My heart wasn’t in it and I knew my ride was toast.

It is then that I heard it.

It started really quiet, too far away to tell who or what it was. The sound seemed to come from deep in the back of my skull. There it was again, louder this time. And this time I heard it. It was Scott Coady screaming…..its Pantani and Lance!!!!!!! Gooooooooooo ho ho hooo. I was there; climbing Ventoux, Coady screaming, the cowbells, the crowd, the blistering sun. I pounded on the pedals trying desperately to keep up with il pirate and the Boss. It was all out, uphill and pure joy.

This went on for another half hour, sweat pouring out of every inch of my body. The ride was over, I was spent. I am not sure whether or not a hyper-aerobic workout this time of year fits into the Carmichael training regimen. I am also not sure I care; I climbed Ventoux and banked 24 more off-season, basement miles. I plan to draw on these babies sometime in May when I kick Rooodlicht’s ass.

Fast or Fat?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

More blogs about cycling.
Technorati Blog Finder .