Highlands Ranch Area Cycling Road Cycling Colorado Streech Greg Streech Gregory

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Animals

When daylight savings time turns off in the fall, we gain an extra hour to spend anyway we please. I find that more often then not, I spend it several times. This morning I dedicated the extra hour to a very early Monarch spin. I was treated to some freezing temps and was too stupid to wear tights, jacket sleeves or shoe covers to keep warm. In the net, I was cold.

I was treated to seeing a huge doe mule deer and a couple of coyotes traipsing the monarch hills. On the ride back I ran into Redlight and Jib going the other way. A quick U-turn and I rode the top of the warm-up hill with Redlight. I tried to bridge the gap to Jib but he would have none of that. When I got within 50 feet, he turned on the jets and I began loosing ground quickly.

Great ride this morning. There is an epic beauty to the animals and the landscape on cold, early mornings!

Snail Dik

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

More blogs about cycling.
Technorati Blog Finder .