Highlands Ranch Area Cycling Road Cycling Colorado Streech Greg Streech Gregory

Friday, November 04, 2005

11-23

I just put a bid on eBay for a new cassette for the Donk. Since buying her, I have been tooling around on a Ultegra 9 12-27. Pretty small gearing I think. My thought on buying a smaller cog set up is two fold.

First, I am thinking the set up will be better suited to the Cherry Creek TT. I'll have tighter gearing to better dial the maximal power.

Second, I am thinking the lower gear ratio will allow for harder power work outs.

However, I am wondering whether or not I can push these gears up Deer Creek/High Grade. It's not like I am still two down when I crest these climbs. Furthermore, I don't carry the extra weight of the triple chain ring in the front.

I am pretty sure that Fabs and Redlight are running these smaller gearing in their cassettes.

Snail Dik

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

More blogs about cycling.
Technorati Blog Finder .