Highlands Ranch Area Cycling Road Cycling Colorado Streech Greg Streech Gregory

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

I'm the Man?????

I really hope that Robbie McEwen was quoting the Anthrax song when he stated that "I'm the man." Give me a break. Dude had his lunch handed to him by Petacchi, Cipo and Boonen for as long as I can remember. To be sure, he is a great sprinter. But to throw down a line like that?

VeloNews: 2005 Tour de France Special Coverage: "McEwen came over the finish line defiantly pointing both his fingers at his chest - and for anyone who didn't get the message, he was only too happy to elaborate afterwards, saying: 'I'm the man. I'm the fastest here.' "

I was a little confused to LA's decision to ride without the Mellow Johnny this morning until I realized that Zabriske's fall was the cause of CSC's shortfall in the TTT. I'm guessing the Big Tex didn't feel comfortable wearing yellow until he earns it on his terms. Just one more nuance of pro cycling.........

Snail Dik

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

More blogs about cycling.
Technorati Blog Finder .