Highlands Ranch Area Cycling Road Cycling Colorado Streech Greg Streech Gregory

Monday, September 25, 2006

Bike Commuting in Denver

The Denver Post ran a story today regarding bike commuting in Denver.  You can find it here.  I have always wanted to bike commute on a regular basis.  For some reason there is a psychological barrier.  There are usually one or two days a week that I don’t go anywhere in which I don’t need my car during the day.  I know that Hammerson has done it a couple of times and has a really cool cross bike built especially for the purpose; and yet, he is not a regular commuter.

Do you suppose that what keeps us from a regular bike commute is the extra effort that it requires?  Is it really so much extra effort?  I can’t think of a good reason not to do it and yet, I have only bike commuted twice in the 4.5 years that I have worked in the same office that is 18 miles from my home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

More blogs about cycling.
Technorati Blog Finder .