Highlands Ranch Area Cycling Road Cycling Colorado Streech Greg Streech Gregory

Thursday, March 10, 2005

a Dutchman without a bike is like a fish without water!

This is priceless!

As you may well know, our own Redlight (Roodlicht in Dutch) is in fact wooden shoe wearing tulip sniffer direct from the friendly underwater world of Holland. It is this fact that has brought hours of ruthless teasing from all Banshees. Furthermore, his Dutch pride has made me hyper sensitive to anything Dutch and notice even the smallest bit of info related to Holland.

With this in mind, I nearly split my sides laughing at the latest Holland board of Tourism creation, "Holland, It'll stay with you!" Hah! So will the Clap. This is Vegas style promotion at best.

My curiosity piqued, I had to look further. Holland touts itself as a cyclists paradise. In fact, the title above "a Dutchman without a bike is like a fish without water!" is from their website. What was even more fun was the following detail about cycling in Holland:

The Official Holland Site - Netherlands Board of Tourism & Conventions (NBTC): "Another important aspect is that Holland is generally flat with only an occasional hill "

No wonder Fabio rocks Redlight up Deer Creek canyon. Redlight just doesn't have the experience in hill climbing!..... but I'm sure he is a menace on water skis.

I have to stop, I'm laughing so hard the tears have clouded my eyes so that I can't see the screen................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

More blogs about cycling.
Technorati Blog Finder .