Highlands Ranch Area Cycling Road Cycling Colorado Streech Greg Streech Gregory

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Similar Experiences

As a few know, I had the pleasant experience of being stuck in LA when the cold winds of a snow storm blew into Denver. It started with a 5:30 am wakeup call from Anne where, I quote, "Greg, you've got a problem." Indeed, I have only been sleeping for 3 hours, my head hurts, I'm hung over and there is no way in hell that the skateboard that I drive is gonna navigate the ten feet of snow that Denver got.

So, after a couple hours of fanagling, shuttling from Burbank to LAX, I was on my way to Phoenix. I figured, closer to home and I could get back to Denver before Thursday (which is when the counter agent said she could get me there from Burbank). This is a photo of me in the Supershuttle on the way to LAX.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It looks startlingly like Hincapie on the pave of Northern France, but I assure you, this is me.

So, I have finally made it home. My fat ass is sufficiently covered in lard which is perfect for tomorrow's start to the CCTT. At least the sun will be shining and the temp will be pushing 70 degrees. Rock on brothers. I can hardly wait for the PAIN.

The one good thing is I can take out all of my weekend frustrations on the pedals.

Snail Dik

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

More blogs about cycling.
Technorati Blog Finder .