Highlands Ranch Area Cycling Road Cycling Colorado Streech Greg Streech Gregory

Saturday, February 19, 2005

Riding on the Wind

So, with the rest of the Banshee Team engaged in fatty activities, Fabio and I hit Chatfield Reservoir for a little ride. I was looking to do some big ring work in the aero bars while being crushed by Koehler's red machine. Needless to say, the wind was a huge factor.

While riding the dam road in the big ring, I passed Fabio as he was turning circles in the parking lot on the top. I never saw him so I kept going hard in the bars. I had a good lead on Koehler that he couldn't close until I sat up at the river crossing. This was the first indication that the aerobars work really well in the high wind.

The second was on the ride back in which Koehler was beating his head against the wall while I stayed low and aero. Another gap opened up. I believe this is strickly due to the aero position as the wind was horrid and kept Koehler slower when he was clearly riding stronger than I.

The net was a great large muscle work out, which I am currently paying a price for. Tomorrow will be a slow, inside lactic reduction ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

More blogs about cycling.
Technorati Blog Finder .