Highlands Ranch Area Cycling Road Cycling Colorado Streech Greg Streech Gregory

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Off to the land of the ice and snow

Thanks to the kind folks Channel 7, we are able to look into the future of Denver's weather for a full seven days. Nevermind the fact that the weather casters have no clue what will happen in the next 6 hours, we are all comforted by this far reaching forecast.

It was their predictions that led Redlight and I to be concerned/excited about the prospects of today's TT at Cherry Creek. With Mike Nelson calling for a repeat blizzard, it looked like we might be riding in the crap again. The good news is that bad weather keeps the fast woosies home and allows my fat ass to scoop a few podium points.

On the drive in this morning I thought that maybe the forecast had been accurate. The skies were ugly and spitting rain. But, by the time I rolled out for lunch, I saw some blue and the temp was climbing. But, then again, who knows. I still have 3:30 until my start and anything can happen between then and now. The good news is that I think I might just be able to do better than last week.....At least if I don't, I'm gonna quit this miserable sport for good and take up something cool like knitting.

On another note, with my mother-in-law in town last weekend, she hosted me and the family to a nice lunch at Lansdown Arms. Pretty good food with marginal service. The coolest thing was the art located just out the front door of the place.

Below is a picture of Mary giving it a go. What do you think?


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1 Comments:

At April 20, 2005 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

With the way RedLight has been tearing it up lately, the friction which his 30 m.p.h. pace will generate is bound to warm things up for everyone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

More blogs about cycling.
Technorati Blog Finder .