Highlands Ranch Area Cycling Road Cycling Colorado Streech Greg Streech Gregory

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Quite Time

While waiting for Roodlicht to finish his masterpiece on Wednesday, I spent some time chatting with the race organinizer, Beth Wrenn Estes. She is the president of the ACA and we should feel lucky to have her. At first I was eves dropping on her conversations with fellow ACA race organizers. They spent a lot of time talking about this great course and that great course; what they were going to do out this government agency etc, etc. Bottom line is that they are really into putting on exciting and fun races.

I told her about my "racing" experiences, or lack thereof. She pointed me to a series of 4 seminars that they are putting on at the Colorado Speedway with the goal being to help riders learn how to ride critieriums, in pelotons, sprints and all of the skills that you will need to race. Its only $30 to do this.

This conversation starting me pondering what I want to do on the bike. Right now, I am considering working solely on racing and blowing off "rec rides". This means no Triple but yes to the Bob Cook. For some reason, the Triple has lost its appeal. Maybe that is because I exercised the '03 deamon in '04. Maybe its, as Fab pointed out, I fall into the hyper competitive slot and they don't have a clock on the rec rides.

Eitherway, this is what is rolling around in my mind; plus how I might ride a little more aggressively at the CCTT. Thoughts, comments???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

More blogs about cycling.
Technorati Blog Finder .